Hi, this blog has been created to talk time to time about importance of music in children’s development since early ages. I have three kids, and all of them have been raised listening to classical music. Starting at age 3-5 months I would turn on classical music of famous composers such as Tchaikovsky , Mozart, Vivaldi on the background. When kids were getting older, I kept CD’s with classical music in my car, or would turn on local classical radio station.
I use to take my kids to opera houses, ballet, theaters when I could. Growing up kids developed pallet for fine music. They started taking art and piano classes at school. They played piano using a mechanical metronome that helped kids to develop a natural sense of timing. During school years, doing a lot of artistic activities made my kids to stand out. Looking back, I understand how important was music in their development. I have met many children who don’t know anything about music, but naturally are attracted to it. I’m hoping to make several posts that young mothers could come across and, at least, turn on for once classical music for their kids. I’ll write about sounds of music as not all music benefits children. Some tunes can be very disruptive and disturbing for kids’ nervous system whereas majority of classical music helps kids to come down, babies sleep better, it provokes imagination. I think that is yet for today. Thanks for reading. Ted.
My fondness for music began as an unlimited, uncensored, exposure to music through all media. Radio music stations which were usually playing and available, in addition to records containing every musical style, were “exposed” my ears. These, along with a child’s normal attention and open imagination, would be the first stepping stones leading to the greatest appreciation of music.
Literally speaking, we’re residing in an incredible period of history. If, as we needed to visit audio libraries or purchase a plastic record in the past to hear any modern or traditionally classical work, the electronic media of present times has provided us with limitless possibilities available from numerous origins. Press a button and you have an endless selection of songs available to you with many artists and interpretations.
Certainly, quite often when parents of kids who are studying music, ask me how they and their children can expand their knowledge of music, I tell them that the answer is simple and inexpensive.
These are six methods of increasing a person’s musical awareness.
1. Expose yourself liberally to any electronic source of music.
2. Allow the music to accompany you everywhere, – in your car or at home, on cable TV. (On cable television, you may also discover various other fantastic stations of traditional music. The majority are audio, but one has audio and video, and it is named Mezzo.) A few of the radio stations’ advantages are the fact that it is user friendly. The station managers often select canonical works, so it’s super easy to become acquainted with all of the famous and important works. An added bonus is listening to the news several times a day, and keeping up on world events.
3. Select many traditional works which are narrated. This adds dimension to the music by infusing the insights of a seasoned musical professional. An expert can perhaps lecture about the composer and his inspiration to compose the music.
4. Attempt to hear consciously and introspectively to allow your inner self to feel the music. Try to appreciate the contribution of every individual type of instrument to the piece as a whole, and think about what feelings they cause to surface. Think about and feel the music even after the performance is over.
5. Lookup the composers on Facebook and Wikipedia or other websites. Try to look for various pieces written by the same composer and learn to listen for a particular composer’s unique musical style. This can permit the children to listen with higher consciousness and to get greatly enhanced information. It will also aid them in their quest to determine the nature of their favorite musical styles.
6. Your children should experience as many performances as possible. It should be possible to find several recordings and interpretations at multiple performances. I am confident you’ll find children in several locations shows. It’s nevertheless an excellent experience in the long run, even if the child does not have the stamina to sit all the way through it. You’ll observe that as their love for music evolves, they will find it interesting enough to stay through the entire show.
I will let you know that this is precisely what I do with my children and they equally adore a variety of types of music. They do not have a problem listening to the Beatles, Michael Jackson, or even to the fantastic pianist, Jarrett. They love to adjust the tonal settings on the radio themselves to enhance the listening experience.
We have the responsibility and opportunity to make great musical art available to our children.
Please let us know if this article was helpful in increasing the appreciation of music in your family.
Go forth and enjoy the musical experience!
The importance of music in the preschool years.
Preschool – time to the optimal initiation of the child to the world of beauty. Music is very important in shaping a child’s whole personality.
Music contributes to the aesthetic education of the child, which is directed at the development of children’s ability to perceive, feel and understand the fine, ignore the good and bad, on their own creative work, join the most different kinds of artistic activity. It is necessary for this to develop in children overall musicality.
Signs of general musicianship.
1. Ability to feel the character and mood of a musical work, heard empathize, understand musical image;
2. Ability to listen and compare, evaluate the most vivid and clear musical phenomenon;
3. Creativity in music, listening to the child in its own way is an artistic image by passing it in singing, playing, dancing.
Music contributes to a child’s moral character. Introducing children to the works of various emotional – shaped the content of their music director encourages empathy.
Genre of music helps to perceive the richness of heroic images and lyrical mood, hilarious humor, and spirited dance tunes. A variety of feelings that arise in the perception of music enrich children experience their spiritual world, because children work in a collective, common experiences bring together children, form the culture of behavior skills.
Music contributes to the formation and mental abilities of children. Forming such mental operations as:
Which is associated with the formation of mental processes such as:
Music contributes to the physical development of the child’s personality. Music is perceived auditory receptor and affects overall health. It causes changes associated with changes in respiration and circulation.
Singing. Promotes the development of the vocal apparatus, it strengthens the vocal cords improve it.
Correct posture singing – regulates and deepens breathing. Classes with musical – rhythmic movements improve the posture of children, produces crisp and easy walk running. Also, practicing playing any musical instruments with a mechanical metronome will enhance a child’s ability to rhythmically coordinate timing with music while playing.
Conclusions: Lessons music contribute to the overall development of the child. Emotional responsiveness and developed an ear for music allows children in accessible formats rely on good feelings and actions.